Children of the Elements
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Children of the Elements

The main social hub to the Children of the Elements.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Root - Planty and Earthy! - Week 1 Application

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Root
Fan
Fan
Root

Root - Planty and Earthy! - Week 1 Application Empty
PostSubject: Root - Planty and Earthy! - Week 1 Application   Root - Planty and Earthy! - Week 1 Application EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 8:35 am

This looks like the place to sign up- if I'm wrong, then feel free to pelt me with noob-rocks.
EDIT: I deserved the rocks.

Personal Information
Character Name: Root
Alter Ego: Phil. Although, unlike the Hulk being able to become Banner again, Root has lost his human traits, so his human persona is no more.
Pronounciation: ROOT
Aliases / Nicknames: Root, Leafy, Nature Boy, Tree Hugger, or any combination of plant-based puns. He doesn't care really.
Place of Birth: England.
Living Relatives: Brother, whereabouts unknown.
Personal Colors: Greens, greys, browns, and a multitude of earthy tones. Has been known to don OTT flowery shirts on particularly nice summery days.

Powers, Skills and/or Abilities
Core Origins: Mutant/science gone wrong.
Combat Role: Control/mid-to-close combat/defensive. Can anybody say... leaf shield? Very Happy
Combat Powers, Skills and/or Abilities: Plant manipulation, super strength, regenerative qualities and defensive capabilities utilising his plant-like form (such as an incredibly tough tree-like body, also capable of sprouting thorns across his form).
Other Powers, Skills and/or Abilities: Minor earth and rock control, burrowing and making good use of strong, thick vines for swinging from place to place. Solar absorbency, very rarely able to clear the sky of cloud cover when in trouble in order to get some tasty sunshine, enhancing his strength and regenerative abilities.
Any Weaknesses: Fire. He don't like it! Extreme cold and bad weather can effect his mood and sometimes hamper his powers, depending on his environment, although he can more often than not endure a harsh environment for a certain length of time before becoming weary. Also his heavy tree-like form renders him not so agile.

Physical Synopsis
(His physical form can vary depending on the weather. On a clear, sunny day he can be rather large and powerful.)
Height: 6'8"-8'10"
Weight: 200-450lbs
Build: Quite bulky, with rather exaggerated limbs.
Eye Colour: A slightly glowy amber/gold. Each eye is like a ball of hardened amber.
Hair Colour: Brown. Rather wild and unkempt, it almost has the appearance of dreadlocks, although upon further inspection they're rather vine-like.
Race/Ethnicity: English Human/plant-like humanoid.

Mental Synopsis
Personality Keywords: Quiet, strong, solemn, friendly. He likes to help, more often than not ignoring his own goals in order to assist.
Overall Personality: Slow to anger and generally taking everything in his stride, he's rather laid back and never likes to rush. He likes to assist friends in need as well as those without the ability to protect themselves, although his rather monstrous form usually leads to fear in those he wishes to help.
Likes: Water, good mineral-rich soil, glass houses, areas of dense forest, sunshine and clear skies as well as rainy days.
Dislikes: Squirrels, most birds, fire, bad weather such as hail and snow, extreme cold.

Hero or Villain: Hero

Personal History or Origin Storyline: Phil was simply a student at college when he discovered his affinity for plantlife. Thinking he'd smoked something funny, he had woken up one morning to find the cactus on his windowsill constantly speaking to him. Rather than being worried about what was happening, he happily embraced it, working to see if he could have any other effect on plant life.

It is unknown how it happened, but almost a week after he was suddenly abducted by strange, robed individuals in a black van, interrupting Phil as he conversed with a hedgerow. He awoke an unknown amount of time later alone in a forest, dizzy and confused, and going through an odd physical transformation. Similar to Jeff Goldblum when he began to turn into a fly-like creature, Phil experienced a drastic physical change over the next day. His skin would flake and shed, revealing a bark-like surface beneath. Limbs would elongate and thick sprouts over his scalp would push his original hair out. Eventually he had to force his feet into the ground, allowing him to get a hold of his weary mind. Everything happened so suddenly- something a tree doesn't agree with. There he stayed for a full week, rooted to the ground, blending in with his surroundings until he resembled a tree himself. It was at this time that a logging camp had set itself up not too far away, and a spot of deforestation was occuring causing Phil to awaken from his slumber. Soon enough he'd flee, scrambling to escape the saws and flames.

He'd travel far and wide, accumulating rags and robes to hide his monstrous form, saddened by his lack of courage in the face of the lumberjacks. He'd spend the next year or so in the wilderness, finding himself somehow in Canada, developing his abilities in order to better himself. After a rather long time of walking across the land, he'd arrive at a shining metropolis just moments before the air was filled with fire and the streets littered with rubble and debris. It looks like an alien invasion...

Gaming Subscriptions
Champions Online - Not yet Available
DC Universe Online - Not yet Available
Marvel Universe Online - Not yet Available
City of Heroes and Villains Online - Yes or No: No

Gaming Application For One of More Titles
Champions Online - Yes or No: Yes
DC Universe Online - Yes or No: No (I can always apply later, when the game's closer to release.)
Marvel Universe Online - Yes or No: No (Same as with DCUO)

EXTRA:
Hey hey! This is my submission for the plant-man Root. I found CotE via the preview forums for CO and thought about the real potential of discussing the potential of elemental powers. I have always been fond for the underused plant powers and characters, and the potential for such abilities often never gets fully realised. It did appear in CoV, but it seemed odd that it was limited to the power of a villain. The use of vines is pretty cool, and I've often drawn/envisioned the use of bark/leaves for a shield, weather affecting powers, and so on, so forth.

Children of the Elements seems the kind of group a lone tree-man would sign up with. Just don't sit him next to the fire guys in the lunch room, he might not be too comfortable with that...

Picture pending, as the one I used to have has vanished and I need to get off my arse and draw a new one. Very Happy

Also, sorry for the seemingly massive post. Feel free to skim read![b]

Last edited by Root on Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Morcalivan7
Mentoring Committee
Morcalivan7

PostSubject: Re: Root - Planty and Earthy! - Week 1 Application   Root - Planty and Earthy! - Week 1 Application EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 11:53 am

Root wrote:
This looks like the place to sign up- if I'm wrong, then feel free to pelt me with noob-rocks.

*picks up some rocks*

Moved to the Applications Throug Here forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/hero/darkshroud/
Liquidiz
Mentoring Committee
Liquidiz

PostSubject: Re: Root - Planty and Earthy! - Week 1 Application   Root - Planty and Earthy! - Week 1 Application EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 12:17 pm

i really like the character, i think he is our first leafy lad if you will Smile
Back to top Go down
Yin
Mentoring Committee
Yin

PostSubject: Re: Root - Planty and Earthy! - Week 1 Application   Root - Planty and Earthy! - Week 1 Application EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 4:37 pm

I agree. This is a very well developed character. We're going to place you on the the 30-day trial membership. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://cote.rpg-board.net
Morcalivan7
Mentoring Committee
Morcalivan7

PostSubject: Re: Root - Planty and Earthy! - Week 1 Application   Root - Planty and Earthy! - Week 1 Application EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 4:42 pm

Week 1 starts from today.

Move back to the Heroic Characters section.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/hero/darkshroud/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Root - Planty and Earthy! - Week 1 Application   Root - Planty and Earthy! - Week 1 Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Root - Planty and Earthy! - Week 1 Application
Page 1 of 1